About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Today's Blessings

Today was a good day.

What can I say, I'm blessed to have a loving husband and family, all of whom live life to the fullest and have a wonderful sense of humor. We are there to hug each other, wipe up each other's tears, rib each other mercilessly and laugh until our bellies ache.

This morning I was awakened by my loving cat, Tigger meowing something fierce, because he wanted attention and he wanted to be fed. I got up made coffee, prepared Tigger's food, go my vitamins, protein shake and water and took them all upstairs so I could sit in bed and enjoy the morning surfing the net.

My hubby woke up a little later and got up to eat and start his morning routine. I had to get up to go to massage therapy because of the car accident I was in. I'm still under doctor's orders. I'm feeling better, but I hope I don't have problems for the rest of my life with my back and neck.

Sara, my massage therapist met me at the door of the office and told me she was really mad at me, that she was angry and disappointed that I didn't have anymore books published for her to read. You see, I had given her a copy of my book, "My Charming Protector" and she took on vacation with her to Amsterdam. She said once she started reading it, she couldn't put it down and loved the way I painted a picture with words. She love the story line and wanted more.

My ego took flight. I really needed to hear her praise, more than I thought I would. I appreciate how unexpected it was and I'm truly happy she love my book.

I got home, took a shower and got ready to go to my mother's house. I haven't seen her in a few weeks because of going to Utah and being sick. I don't like being around her when I'm sick. I'm afraid she'll get what I have and cause complications with her already complicated medical issues.

My hubby had to go to work. I kissed him bye and wished him a good day. He hasn't been feeling well either, but the good thing is, he is on the upside now.

I bought flowers for my mom and my sister-in-law for a late Mother's Day gift. Mom wasn't feeling well and was still asleep, so I visited my step dad until she got up.

While visiting, I got a text from my daughter who told us that she was being hired as a case worker for the state if Utah. That she'll start at the end of the month. I'm so proud of my daughter. She had just graduated from college and is now starting to work in the field she went to school for. I'm so pleased that she basically got right in after school. Now she has the chance to prove herself.

While at my mom's, we had pizza and salad for an early dinner. My nephew Stryker came home from school and visited with us and resisted going to play with his video games. He remembered that his mom told him if he got good marks for his reading that he'd get to play them again. We all encouraged him to read and he went and got a new book his mom had gotten him, by James Patterson. It is called Middle School. Stryker read to all of us and got through 87 pages before he got tired. He thoroughly enjoyed reading to all of us and we enjoyed the story.

In all it was a very relaxing afternoon and a nice one. Getting to visit with my brother Alex after his dialysis was awesome. He looks good and seems to being doing okay. I'm thankful that I still have my mother to visit and she still has time on this earth to be with her family. I wanted to give a shout out to my sister-in-law for taking such good care of my mother and brother. Allie is an awesome mother as well.

My brother Chuck had surgery today and he is doing well. He is recovering at home with his loving wife.

I left mom's house and was lucky that the traffic was not terrible going home. On my street as I rounded the corner there were 4 deer on the side of the road grazing in the field. They live in the woods by our house.

Once inside my house my cat Tigger heard me and began meowing. It is time for me to give my cat the attention he deserves and to feed him.

I had many blessing today and I'm thankful for all of them. I don't take the time to look at all the blessing everyday, but they are there.

God bless everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment