About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Be A Light

I've been told my whole life that I have a light about me that draws people to me, that I don't have a malicious bone in my body. I can only hope this is true. I'm human and I make mistakes, but I can honestly say that I have never knowingly set out to hurt someone.

I do know that I care about things far too much in which makes me very sensitive to everything around me. Almost like an empath. I think this helps me with my writing and my character development. I've been told that I paint a very good pictures with words in my stories.

Today while talking to my friend Sarah, she told me that she too has been told she has a light about her that draws people. I can see her light a mile away and I believe her light is a lot brighter than mine.

Sarah told me that sometimes being a light not only draws positive people, it also draws the negative people. People who are hurting deep inside are drawn, because they need light in their lives. It isn't always a positive thing, because unfortunately sometimes these people are out to drag us down trying to extinguish the light we have. We need to learn to draw a line and to stop and stand up for ourselves and not allow people who try to drain the light you shine to suck you dry.

So, here I am expressing myself and putting my thoughts out there, so I can face this problem I have in allowing those negative people to drag me down.

I used to smile all the time. I was known for my smile. I can't remember the last time someone told me I had a great smile, because I have stopped.

Wouldn't you love to be known for your smiles, your positive demeanor and being a light in this dark world? I'm going to try to let my light shine a little brighter and also draw that line not allowing the negative in. I need to find a balance and I know I will as long as I have the Lord with me. I hope you try to do the same thing. A collective light from many will help us be better people and keep us from drifting into the dark.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment