About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A True Woman With a Heart of Gold

I just found out that a friend, Peggy, is very ill.

I can't even imagine how she is feeling and what her family is going through. My mind keeps flashing back to the memories of this woman who had a huge impact in my life before I moved to Utah. She was a great boss who to this day has a huge heart for everyone she has worked with, especially the kids' lives she impacted.

During the eight years on Dorm A that I worked under her tutelage I learned so much about what a true mentor really is and I have always tried to model after her and live up to her standard. Believe me she has a very high standard. :)

I never truly realized how much Peggy has influenced me until I moved out of state, and as in most things, I found that hindsight is golden. I can't even begin to tell you how much crossing paths with this wonderful woman has meant to me.

I feel blessed to have known, and to have seen first hand what a caring loving person Peggy is and how she has contributed to the success of hundreds of kids that were fortunate enough to have drifted her way and have cared enough to have taken part of her with them as they moved on. To witness the way she was able to listen to each individual person and make them feel heard and validated leaves me thinking how lucky all of have been to have Peggy in our lives.

My prayers are going out to Peggy and her family as they go through this very difficult time.

Anyone who reads this, please include Peggy and her family in your prayers.

I love you Peggy.

Vickie Treadway





1 comment:

  1. I am saddened by the loss of a wonderful friend and mentor. Peggy Anderson was a woman who made a difference in my life, not to mention the hundreds of kids who was fortunate enough to cross paths with this wonderful woman. She will be missed. Please pray for her family.

    ReplyDelete