About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Saturday, July 2, 2011

My Mother

Today is my mother's birthday and her name is Theda. She is a woman who undoubtedly loves her kids, all five of us. She wasn't perfect, nor did I expect her to be as we grew up. I sure as heck know that we weren't perfect and we all gave my mother the gray hair she sports today along with her life's experiences.

Today during our conversation she told me she didn't have any big plans to get get out to celebrate her special day. Though she see's better without the Cataract in her eyes since her eye surgery, I'm sad to say she has a degenerative eye condition which will leave her blind someday. It is this condition that stops her from going out and enjoying the beautiful sunshiny day that has blessed that region in the great northwest.

Mom also has diabetes, which has effected her whole nervous system which is literally causing her to fall apart with continual health problems. As her health fails I can't help but think about all that woman has gone through and the experiences she has had in her 73 years.

My mom has taught me more than I will ever know and she has been there for me with unconditional love no matter what has happened in the life we have lived. There are too many lessons in life I won't forget because of her.

I am only a phone call away, but I wish I could be there to hold my mom and to kiss her soft cheek and to tell her in person that I love her. I know that one day she will not be here so I try to never take for granted who that lovely woman is to me.

Happy Birthday MOM. I Love You!!

No comments:

Post a Comment