About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Reflections on this past year. 2014

I sit here this morning reflecting on this last year. There have been a lot of struggles for my personal journey in life and I feel as if I have not moved forward with what I have been trying to achieve. I may not have liked the left curves of life, the dead ends and the heartaches I have endured, but then I look at the lessons I have learned and how much stronger I have become for having gone through them.

I strongly believe that the trials in life can make you a better person if you choose to allow that to happen. It is all in the attitude. I am human, so sometimes my own attitude isn't the best, but when I take the time like this morning to look back on everything and try to see the larger picture I take comfort in the fact that I am a better person because of it.

We just had Thanksgiving with my family. I am grateful that I have been able to take the time off from work to spend with them. It gave me the balance I know that has been missing in my life. I love my family and though we spend our lives in different states working and living our daily lives, we are together in spirit and are only a phone call away. When we get together it is like we were never apart. I know for a fact that we don't take our time together for granted, because we are never promised a tomorrow. The laughter, the tears, the hugs, and the looks of understanding when our eyes met when words just couldn't express what was being said is a gift that is forever engraved in all of our hearts.

My personal journey will continue and I'll pray everyday giving thanks for the blessings I have. I'll keep praying for the courage and the strength to face each day, and to be given the insight to know how to handle each situation as they arise. I pray for health and to stay strong through the difficult times. Above all, I'll continue to pray for my family and friends for the same thing, because we are all in this together.

I am thankful for my family and friends, because I know I am a better person for having you in my life, so thank you. I also want to give thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this. I pray for you to have a very blessed day, no matter what you believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment