About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Big Change and Faith to Move Forward

Seven years ago on Christmas Day, my family moved to Utah from Southern California. The culture shock was welcome, we came from a fast paced life, long commutes to work, and barely any breathing room for a life outside of work, to a small community with a small town feel.

My daughter finally had a chance to play outside without the fear of drugs being dealt, gun shots in the distance and illegals being dropped off on our driveway. I could never allow her to play outside without supervision, heck I felt as if I needed supervision from the crap that was taking place in our town that we once loved when we moved there years before.

Thankfully my husband had a job lined up in Cedar City, Utah, but I had to go out and find one. I finally found a job in February working with people with disabilities. I didn't know at the time that I would stay at the company for as long as I did. As challenging as it was, I used all of the experiences to learn and grow from, even though there were times I would have gladly welcomed change. I started as a regular direct care staff, then was promoted to Manager where I have grown as a person.

I am going to miss my co-workers as we are a network of people who support, listen and understand the unique jobs we all do as we care for and support the individuals we serve. I will miss the individuals who have a place in my heart whose lives I have had the opportunity to be apart of and who has taught me to become a better person.

The Associate Director actually summed it up quite eloquently last night at our annual Christmas Party for the managers, when he addressed us and our families. "We are a family with jobs that are a way of life that includes every member of our family, because without their support and acceptance of the things we are called to do, it would be very difficult. Our job calls for us to deal with, being called out at all hours of the night, have sudden schedule changes and having to deal with emergencies and situations that most people can't even imagine." I can't remember his words verbatim, but this was the message as we gave our families a round of applause for their support.

Now, seven years later, my family is moving once again to start a new chapter of our lives in Washington state. I ask, what our future holds, but as scary as it is, I am looking forward to the opportunity for new experiences, a new job and new friends to add on to the great circle of friends I already have.

Change is difficult, but we have faith that we are doing what it is we are meant to do, going in the direction that will bring us to the place we are meant to be, while giving us the opportunity to grow and learn new things.

2 comments:

  1. I wish you guys the best of luck and ask God to bless all that you do! :) How is writing coming along, by the way!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, thank you for your well wishes. The writing is slow at this time. I have a lot I am trying to get done as we are getting ready to move, but I am getting close to getting my book, "My Charming Protector re-written. I can't wait to get it done. :)

    ReplyDelete