About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Thankful for those who have Honor & Conviction

People most of the time don't surprise me about how mean they can be. I've known and dealt with all kinds of people with different agendas, but I do stop and think about why people do what they do.

I believe there is something to be learned every-time something negative happens. It helps me to be more aware, so that maybe next time I can see it coming. I have to admit, that this time, I did not see this one coming, and it was a personal hateful attack actively trying to tear me down.

I won't elaborate on the details about this particular instance, but I do want to celebrate the good that came from it.

You never know who truly has your back until you are in a situation you truly can't control. It humbles me to know I have friends who step up and go to bat for me and are able to see things as they really are. I'm thankful they saw the truth of what was really happening. I want to thank those who spoke up when it mattered the most to me. THANK YOU!

I try to believe the best in people and try to give them all a fair chance, because not all people are evil and mean. I think we all tend to try to open up to do this, because we want others to give us the same chance. It is our faith that allows us to open up even if we are reluctant from past experiences.


I work with people, so I have the opportunity to teach everyday. I have also spent a life time of teaching my daughter that things work out most of the time. That there are those people who strive to do what is right even when it isn't comfortable to do so. I try to teach that we must always show by example how we expect to be treated. That when the opportunity arises we must stand up for what we believe and show conviction in our words and actions.

Have convictions, have honor and believe in God, because he will never steer you wrong. We are not be perfect, but if we go about our daily business with values, life can be a little easier.

I am thankful for those people who have the same standard, because when they rise up and help just because it is the right thing to do, they teach more than words ever could.

No comments:

Post a Comment