About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Working on a short story and getting to know the characters.

I've been trying to work on a short story between working and family things. I have the plot done, I'm just filling in the detail and I'm learning about my characters. I've got the basics down for them as well, but now I must get to know my characters in detail. I find when I do that that the story takes on a whole new meaning and it begins to take me on a whole new journey, because my characters do things, say things and think things based on their history and the things they have experienced.

This is one of the reasons I love writing fiction. There are no boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment