About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Sunday, December 6, 2020

A Christmas Wish for Inspiration

I wish for inspiration for writing what I love. Now that we are in our forever home in Arizona, I wish to find a day job that will allow me to have weekends and holidays off with full benefits, so I can have time with family, friends and writing what I love.

It has been awhile since I've written anything, it has been quite a while since I've had any inspiration to write anything, so I thought I'd write here to get what I feel out into the universe. 

Christmas has always been my favorite time of year, well actually all the holidays are. They all hold something special for me and they all include my love for my family and friends and the memories I have. I believe it is very important to spend time with family and friends, because life is short and we have to let our loved ones know how we feel. When we look back on our lives, we only remember the memories and the imprints we leave on each other and I don't want to live my life without these memories anymore.

I wasn't going to decorate for Christmas, because we have too much going on with fixing up the house we moved into. Ours house is a mess with everything we are doing. I was at my sister Kathy's home with her husband Wade in California for Thanksgiving to be with family. Yes, we had small gatherings and we practiced social distancing and we were all responsible in our interactions. 

After Thanksgiving, my sister Kathy got her Christmas decorations out and she set up her tree. I told her I wasn't going to decorate for Christmas at my house. We spent the morning decorating her home  and like a great sister, she was not so subtle in telling me that I should decorate at least a little, that it didn't matter we were still working on our home and it was a mess. We all need a little Christmas. My husband never helps me decorate and the last few years it seemed it didn't matter one way or another if I did. He seemed to support my decision not to decorate. 

Once we got home to our house in Arizona, I did get out our fake five foot tree and put it up. Russ came in from outside and I was looking at our tree with a little dismay. we have ten foot ceilings and this little tree looked so out of place. With money short in our lives I was going to make it work for us. 

We had to do some running around to get done and Russ told me we should look at trees. I didn't want to get a real one because we wouldn't be home for Christmas and it would just die anyway. There was a huge nine foot pre-lit Christmas tree we were both drawn too. I was surprised my husband showed this much interest. I realized he wanted our home to be decorated. Well, to my surprise we brought the tree home and it is now up with all of the little ornaments I had in storage for 9 years. (that is another story) I decorated a little around the house, just enough to give us a little Christmas joy in our forever home. 

Now what I need is a little inspiration to come up with a story idea.

I pray for a good job after the new year and for everything to start falling into place. 

I pray for everyone. We can all use a little Christmas magic after the year we have had.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment