About Me

My photo
Everyday that I get to sit down and write, I get to live part of my dream. Writing romance has been a dream of mine ever since I read my first romance novel. The underlying theme I carry in all of my work is overcoming difficulty, believing in oneself and achieving dreams. It isn't hard to look to the stars and dream the impossible, because the only thing that stops you is your imagination.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

What are you going to do for Valentin's Day? is there a place you want to go? Is there a special person you are going to be with? What is your idea of romance and celebrating?

My husband and I won't be doing anything special on Valentin's day sad to say, because I have to go to school that night after going to work all day. Not very romantic is it ... Oh, well. (Sigh)

My husband and I were making plans for this weekend last week and talking about what we wanted to do and what places to see. We like to get away to Las Vegas, because it is close and there is a lot to do. Our lives are so busy we don't get a lot of time together lately, and we'll take this time to catch up with each other. I think it is important to make the time to be with each other.

Russ surprised me by saying that we needed to celebrate Valentine's day together this weekend since this will be our only chance.

I can't tell you how much that meant to me to hear. I hadn't thought about it and he did. You'd think I would have been all over this since I'm a romance writer and I love, love, even it it's most simple form. Maybe I'm losing my touch, but I have to say, it felt good for him to even acknowledge it. I'm thinking of what I'll do for him, but I'm not really sure what yet.

We have been married for 26 years and in March it will be 27. I'll post about that later, but even after all this time we both feel the need and want to have a little romance and we still want to spend time with each other.

What ever it is that you do for Valentine's Day, I hope it is a nice day for you. If you have someone in your life take the time to let them know how you feel about them. Don't wait, just go with what is in your heart.

Have a great Valentine's day to all.

2 comments:

  1. I always like hearing that people who have been married for 26 years still like Valentine's Day--even if they have to work hard to fit in the celebration.

    Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Malcolm, I like stories like that also. My grandparents were married for 53 years before my grandfather passed away. They were pretty special to me.

    ReplyDelete